The member and his/her immediate family members are in touch with a 24-hour helpline to respond to medical emergencies of any kind.
A medical emergency refers to a life-threatening episode of illness or injury that requires immediate emergency medical attention.
Illness refers to bodily illness, sickness or disease. Injury refers to an injury caused by accidental (unintentional or unplanned), violent, external and visible means.
The elements of this service are:
- • Emergency Medical Advice and Assistance
- • Emergency Medical Transport & Response
- • Trauma & Crisis Assistance
- • Medical Facilities & Practitioners Referral
- • In-Hospital Medical Monitoring
- • Compassionate Visits
- • Escorted Return of Minors